Shakespeare Solved ®


Shakespeare Solved ® is a forthcoming series of novels that covers the Bard's entire life and work.

These novels solve the mysteries surrounding Shakespeare by transporting us back in time, to walk in his shoes, and see his world through his eyes.

Only when we see Shakespeare in his original historical context can we understand what his plays and poems really mean.

This blog explains some of my ideas and discoveries, to prepare for this series of novels.

Please join over 72,000 people on facebook, Twitter & Google Plus following Shakespeare Solved ® -- the number one Shakespeare blog in the world!


Articles Written For:

The University of Oxford's Bodleian Library & The Royal Shakespeare Company

Most Popular Posts:

1. Shakespeare's Shylock Solved 2. Shakespeare's Othello Finally Identified 3. Shakespeare In Love Sequel Solved 4. The Real Romeo and Juliet 5. Shakespeare's Malvolio Solved 6. Shakespeare's Real Petruchio



Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Will Ferrell and Shakespeare


I just read that Will Ferrell plans to make a comedy about the “intense, competitive world inside a Shakespearean theater company.”




You can read the brief article here:


I think it’s a fantastic idea. I have been a fan of Will Ferrell’s for a long time, and I am excited to see what kind of insanity he will bring to the Bard.

I think Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby is the second funniest movie ever made (after Blazing Saddles), and the dinner scene in that movie is the funniest 10 minutes in any movie. While all of his films have not been as funny as Talledega Nights, he has more hits than misses, and it is impossible to miss one of them. 

He does have a zany Falstaff quality, and while I am sure that he would be making fun of Shakespeare a lot, it would be very entertaining nevertheless. I have written before that Mr. Ferrell's type kind of comedic energy is needed in Shakespeare's plays, and that the actors in Shakespeare's times were something more like stand-up comics than serious Actors with a capital A. This became very clear to me when I discovered that Merchant of Venice is not a dramatic comedy but rather a bawdy farce.

There is very little to go on from this article, and it is not clear whether the Shakespearean theater company is set in the modern period, or in the Elizabethan/Jacobean period.

I hope that it’s set in Shakespeare’s time. I think it would give them more to play with. Also, I hope that Shakespeare is featured as a character. He could even be the man with whom Mr. Ferrell competes, which would make Mr. Ferrell something like a Edward Alleyn or Philip Henslowe character.




Also, I hope that Mr. Ferrell brings some of his frequent collaborators with him. At the top of that list would be John C. Reilly, Sacha Baron Cohen, Steve Carell, and Paul Rudd. Also, I would love to see Mark Wahlberg do some Shakespeare. It would be hilarious!

What do you think?

Cheers,