Shakespeare Solved ®


Shakespeare Solved ® is a forthcoming series of novels that covers the Bard's entire life and work.

These novels solve the mysteries surrounding Shakespeare by transporting us back in time, to walk in his shoes, and see his world through his eyes.

Only when we see Shakespeare in his original historical context can we understand what his plays and poems really mean.

This blog explains some of my ideas and discoveries, to prepare for this series of novels.

Please join over 72,000 people on facebook, Twitter & Google Plus following Shakespeare Solved ® -- the number one Shakespeare blog in the world!


Articles Written For:

The University of Oxford's Bodleian Library & The Royal Shakespeare Company

Most Popular Posts:

1. Shakespeare's Shylock Solved 2. Shakespeare's Othello Finally Identified 3. Shakespeare In Love Sequel Solved 4. The Real Romeo and Juliet 5. Shakespeare's Malvolio Solved 6. Shakespeare's Real Petruchio



Monday, March 11, 2013

Shakespeare and YouTube

I don't have to tell you that there are videos on YouTube about Shakespeare.

But I do want you to know that I will be adding many of them to my Shakespeare Solved YouTube channel, and I hope you visit it from time to time to see more.

You can even subscribe to my channel, and receive email alerts to let you know when I have added new videos.

I will do my best to not just add videos but to also write about the videos I post on this channel.

So, what better way to start than with Dame Judi Dench?

Judi Dench and Richard Pasco

I just watched Playing Shakespeare with the Royal Shakespeare Company from 1984. If you haven't heard of it, I strongly recommend you watch all of the episodes. You might as well buy it, it's so good!

It was a series of scenes and discussions about acting Shakespeare with some of the greatest talent of the last several decades, like Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, David Suchet and many more. It was hosted by John Barton, the co-founder of the Royal Shakespeare Company, and whose mastery of Shakespeare's plays is quite unparalleled.

He directed Dame Judi as Viola in Twelfth Night, in 1969. This episode of Playing Shakespeare is from the same play, and Barton directs her again as Viola in a scene with Duke Orsino, played by Richard Pasco.

I don't know about you, but I am addicted to watching actors work through scenes, and discuss Shakespeare. It is exciting to watch them discover the meaning in a scene, and examine what might be dramatic or comedic in any given moment.

And what better actor to show us their process than Dame Judi?

She has such a natural grasp of the language, and she has this one of a kind ability to speak the words as if for the first time -- she delivers the lines as if she really just thought of them and they are spoken by an actual person, not as an actress who just learned lines and is reciting them for an audience.

So, I hope you check in from time to time at my YouTube channel and see some videos about Shakespeare.

Thanks very much!

Cheers,

David B. Schajer

Related Articles:

Shakespeare Solved YouTube Channel

Judi Dench




Books on Amazon