Shakespeare Solved® versions of these plays solve the mysteries surrounding them by taking us back in time to see the plays as they were performed for the first time in history.


This blog explains these new versions, and explores the life and times of Shakespeare, in order to build support for my new TV series versions of the plays.


Available from Amazon, Apple, and Google Play. Search: David B. Schajer.


Please join over 73,000 other people who follow Shakespeare Solved® -- the number one Shakespeare blog in the world -- on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, and Instagram!



Articles Written For:


The University of Oxford's Bodleian Library & The Royal Shakespeare Company


Most Popular Posts:


1. Shakespeare's Shylock Solved 2. Shakespeare's Othello Finally Identified 3. Shakespeare In Love Sequel Solved 4. The Real Romeo and Juliet 5. Shakespeare's Malvolio Solved 6. Shakespeare's Real Petruchio

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ralph Fiennes and Shakespeare

Happy Birthday Ralph Fiennes!

Okay, so his birthday is not until Saturday, but I thought we should start the celebration early!


What more can I say about Ralph Fiennes and Shakespeare?

Not much.

He should do as much Shakespeare as possible whenever possible.

Period.



But should he do some Solved Shakespeare?

Yes and yes.

As I wrote my versions of Hamlet, Richard III and The Merchant of Venice I thought often about Ralph in any number of roles, especially as John Heminges, Shakespeare's fellow actor.

But after I saw Coriolanus, I thought that he might be one of the very few film directors who could conceivably orchestrate the films based on my versions of the plays.

I thought the film was nothing like I expected and more than I had hoped for. I was not all that familiar with the play. I had seen it once many years ago, with Christopher Walken as Coriolanus!

I like the fact that Ralph took a risk, and challenged himself with this film -- he is obviously passionate about bringing new and different Shakespeare to the world.



I hope you join me in wishing him a very Happy Birthday!

Cheers,

David Schajer


Books from Amazon