Shakespeare Solved ®


Shakespeare Solved ® is a forthcoming series of novels that covers the Bard's entire life and work.

These novels solve the mysteries surrounding Shakespeare by transporting us back in time, to walk in his shoes, and see his world through his eyes.

Only when we see Shakespeare in his original historical context can we understand what his plays and poems really mean.

This blog explains some of my ideas and discoveries, to prepare for this series of novels.

Please join over 72,000 people on facebook, Twitter & Google Plus following Shakespeare Solved ® -- the number one Shakespeare blog in the world!


Articles Written For:

The University of Oxford's Bodleian Library & The Royal Shakespeare Company

Most Popular Posts:

1. Shakespeare's Shylock Solved 2. Shakespeare's Othello Finally Identified 3. Shakespeare In Love Sequel Solved 4. The Real Romeo and Juliet 5. Shakespeare's Malvolio Solved 6. Shakespeare's Real Petruchio



Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hugh Jackman and Shakespeare


Should Hugh Jackman do Shakespeare?




I have found only some hints online that he has an aspiration to do some Bard.

He is such a versatile actor, doing action, drama and comedy -- and he loves to perform on stage.

I really enjoy him in the X Men films, and as Wolverine, but my favorite performances are in Kate and Leopold and The Prestige and The Fountain. I can't wait to see him in Les Miserables, and I think the role is perfect for him. I enjoy it when he challenges himself to do something that defies the predictions of audiences. I think he would surprise everyone if he did some Shakespeare, and he would more than rise to the occasion.

In my versions of Shakespeare's Hamlet, Richard III and The Merchant of Venice, I recreate the plays as they would have been seen for the very first time -- their world premieres -- and performed by the original actors, including Shakespeare himself.

I think he would be perfect as one of the Lord Chamberlain's Men, working on stage with Shakespeare and the other actors, like Richard Burbage and Henry Condell.





If you have been reading this blog, or have read my versions of the plays, you know that these actors were far from stuffy and melodramatic performers -- they were very engaging entertainers, and they did anything they could to move an audience to laughter, to tears, to fear or pity.




I think Hugh is such an actor, who has a great passion to entertain, and as such I think he would be perfect in Shakespeare.

What do you think?

If you want to see him in this series of films, please show your support on facebookTwitterPinterestGoogle Plus or Tumblr.

Your support will really make a difference!

And your comments are always welcome!


Cheers,

David B. Schajer


Books from Amazon