Shakespeare Solved® versions of these plays solve the mysteries surrounding them by taking us back in time to see the plays as they were performed for the first time in history.


This blog explains these new versions, and explores the life and times of Shakespeare, in order to build support for my new TV series versions of the plays.


Available from Amazon, Apple, and Google Play. Search: David B. Schajer.


Please join over 73,000 other people who follow Shakespeare Solved® -- the number one Shakespeare blog in the world -- on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, and Instagram!



Articles Written For:


The University of Oxford's Bodleian Library & The Royal Shakespeare Company


Most Popular Posts:


1. Shakespeare's Shylock Solved 2. Shakespeare's Othello Finally Identified 3. Shakespeare In Love Sequel Solved 4. The Real Romeo and Juliet 5. Shakespeare's Malvolio Solved 6. Shakespeare's Real Petruchio

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Andrew Garfield and Shakespeare


Should Andrew Garfield do some Shakespeare?

Absolutely!





From what I have seen, including his terrific performance as Spiderman (and I can't wait for the next one) he is a very impressive young actor, and I think he has a long and interesting career ahead of him. 







I watched The Social Network again. I don't care for the movie. Sorry. But Andrew's is the best performance in the film. Hands down.

I watched Never Let Me Go for the first time. I love all the actors, but I didn't care for the film. Sorry. Again, Andrew is just great in this.


Then I watched Red Riding. Really gripping. I was very impressed by Andrew's performance. There are some fantastic actors like David Morrissey, but Andrew's was the stand-out performance.



Those seem to be the only major roles he has had, unless I am missing something, and I am eager to see him try something like Shakespeare.






He has very good range as an actor, and he seems to have an adventurous spirit as far as his roles go, so it would be exciting to have him do some classics.

He played Romeo on stage in 2005, so it seems that he is not completely unfamiliar with the Bard.


I can easily see him as Hamlet, Richard II or III for that matter, and I think he would be great as the scheming Iago.


But I also think he could easily fit into the Elizabethan period.


I can easily imagine him as one of the Lord Chamberlain's Men, acting with Shakespeare on stage at the Theatre and later at the Globe. It would be exciting to see him with other great young actors performing Shakespeare's plays as they would have been seen for the very first time in history.


What do you think?


If you like the idea of Andrew in some Shakespeare, or some Shakespeare Solved, please show your support on facebookTwitterPinterestGoogle Plus or Tumblr.


Your support will really make a difference!


And your comments are always welcome!



Cheers,



David B. Schajer





BUY NOW from Amazon